There are a lot of contemporaries out there. And there all unique and cute. And some of you have no idea where to start. Well I’m here to help. If you want to, you can check out my beginner fantasy recommendations, so click here if you’d like to see that. Let’s just begin.
BOOKS I’VE READ THAT I RECOMMEND
- The Anna & The French Kiss by Stephenie Perkins is one of my all-time favourites. I fell in love with them. It’s about a girl who has to leave to Paris for boarding school and start a new life. She meets a guy and the story develops from there (that summary is vague but click here for a Goodreads synopsis. There is also 2 other companion novels so be sure to check ’em out. They’re great and I’ve read this one in particular multiple times.
- Another favourite of mine is To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before trilogy by Jenny Han. I adored these ones. They’re so loveable and cute. I reviewed them so click here to see that.
- I recently read Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell which was so good. It is relatable and awesome. Click here for my review.
- If I Stay by Gayle Forman is a book I really enjoyed. I also loved it’s sequel Where She Went was also really good. There’s a movie and I loved it. Be sure to check it out and click here is a Goodreads link.
- The Fault In Our Stars by John Green is a popular contemporary and also has a movie adaption. You’ve probably already heard of it but I recommend it anyway. Click here for a Goodreads synopsis.
- Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson is a book I read this year and I wasn’t amazed by it, mainly because I was underwhelmed and expected more but I did enjoy it. Click here for a Goodreads synopsis.
- Everything, Everything is also a recent read and I have a book review and a movie review (which is spoiler free if you want to check those out). It was written nicely and is very cute.
- The One Memory of Flora Banks by Emily Barr is also a recent read. It’s unique and I enjoyed it. Click here for my review.
- Geekerella by Ashley Poston is another recent read and here is my review. It’s a cute retelling of Cinderella and I had a great time reading it.
- A bit of an underated book that I found at the local library is Megan by Mary Hooper which I really enjoyed and is part of a trilogy. It discusses very important themes that I think everyone should be aware of. Click here for a Goodreads synopsis.
BOOKS I’VE HEARD GREAT THINGS ABOUT AND I NEED TO READ
(this list is WAY TOO LONG to link individual links to Goodreads so I’ll just name titles and authors for you to check out on your own)
- Just One Day by Gayle Forman and it has a sequel
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
- My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
- Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
- Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella
- The Sun Is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
- Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch
- I See London, I See France by Sarah Mlynowski
- Sarah Dessen Books (there are A LOT)
- Colleen Hoover (again, A LOT of them)
- History Is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera
- They Both Die At The End by Adam Silvera
- When We Collided by Emery Lord
- The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
- Eliza & Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia (which is the TOPPING THE TBR BOOK OF THE MONTH – check out Goodreads, Instagram & Twitter @rubyraereads for more info)
- The Gentleman’s Guide To Vice & Virtue by McKenzi Lee
- Moxie by Jennifer Mathieu
- Of Fire & Stars by Audrey Coulthurst
It’s a lot of books isn’t it! They’re all on my radar and I’m desperately wanting to read them. Which ones of these have you read and what are your thoughts? I hope you can find something suits your needs. There are MANY options and so many more that I have not mentioned.