Title: Restore Me
Series: Shatter Me book #4
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Page count: 435
Date published: 6 March 2018
Genre: Young Adult dystopian
Thank you to Penguin Random House SA for
sending this book (and the previous 3 my way)
Rating: (5 out of 5 stars)
Juliette Ferrars thought she’d won. She took over Sector 45, was named the new Supreme Commander, and now has Warner by her side. But she’s still the girl with the ability to kill with a single touch—and now she’s got the whole world in the palm of her hand. When tragedy hits, who will she become? Will she be able to control the power she wields and use it for good?
Oh my heck. I’ve put off this post for a while but I HAVE THOUGHTS!!
This book oh my gosh ahdhsja!! What am I supposed to do until the next book?? Damn it Tahereh Mafi
- WARNER IS THE BEST I LOVE HIM
- Kenji, just Kenji,,,
- The last 100 pages had me extremely mad but I was also shook?? What emotion is that called?
- Tahereh Mafi is just amazing and a genius
- This series omg I can’t even
- I love the writing
- And THE ANXIETY REPRESENTATION IS SO GOOD
- Castle: I have a bad feeling about this guy, never liked him
- Haider: This guy is kinda weird but I have a feeling he’s harmless??
- Lena: I feel for bad for her but this girl is hecka annoying
- Nazeera: she’s awesome oh my! I really like her
- Kenji: he’s just the best and I love his reactions to everything. AND SO FUNNY!!
- Juliette: she’s just had the best character development. I love hows she’s grown strong and really is just trying to do her best, that she keeps trying.
- Warner: be still my beating heart. Warner is just the best and I adore him and will protect him with my entire being. He’s just precious and again, has the best character development.
OH MY HECK I HAVE NO WORDS!!
I just want to give a round of applause to Tahereh Mafi because wow am I obsessed with her now!! She’s just so talented and I love her writing style and how she wrote this book. Go and watch her RM live stream, it’s on youtube. I just love her.
I feel like these kids of the commanders are going to team up? I love Nazeera’s power and really hope she and Juliette become friends. Haider is a bit of a spoilt brat but I don’t think he’s evil. I also just feel bad for Lena tbh, I mean I get it but like Warner ain’t got time for boring people…
I love how we’re actually learning about the rest of the world and what happened to it and I’m super excited to know more BECAUSE WE’VE WAITED LONG ENOUGH. I loved Warner’s POVs, they were so good.
Kenji and Warner together crack me up. I love the scene where Juliette is just fed up and basically says that it’s fine they can stop trying to be friends, and they actually agree. SO FUNNYY!!
I tolerated Castle in the other books but like what the actual heck did he think he was doing?!?!?!? CAN YOU TELL I’M MAD! He’s making my babies worry about nothing um dude GO AWAY! And why does he think he can just know everything this whole time, keep it to himself and then start putting stories in Juliette’s head. okayyy NO.
And on that note, did I miss a few pages or something. Warner found out all this information about Juliette and literally the first thing he wanted to do was tell her but then that got delayed so one day later he did and Juliette runs away and breaks up with him. Overdramatic or what?? I actually can’t deal, do you know how mad I was! She broke my smol bean and like, the world was over. WTF. And before that, when exactly was Warner supposed to tell you his whole life story, I don’t get it?? These characters just mess with my emotions and it’s not funny. And then Warner just accepts that she’ll never forgive him ever and bam you’re over? Um no, get over yourselves, ya babies.
But I did love how their relationship was growing before all that went down. I loved how she eventually told him her worries and that moment they had. ALL THE FEELSSSS
That. Freaking. ENDINGGGG. Warner’s chapter. Everyone dead. Obviously except Adam and the twins (I see youuu). And the weird creepy kids’ roo!!. And the scary power that Emmaline has (i’m scared and excited to know what that is). I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS APRIL 2019 COME PLEASE ahhhhhh. Defy Me is going to be amazing!!
HAVE YOU READ THIS SERIES? DO YOU WANT TO? WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS? LET ME KNOW!