Title: Clockwork Prince
Series: The Infernal Devices book #2
Author: Cassandra Clare
Page count: 496
Date published: 6 December 2011
Genre: Young Adult historical urban fantasy
Rating: (5 out of 5 stars)
In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, though her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will – the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do? As their dangerous search for the for the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa’s heart is increasingly torn, especially when one of their own betrays them…
Oh my gosh, I love these books so damn much I can’t cope!!
Did I just read an almost 500-page book in the span of 3 days? Why yes I did.
okay just breathe Ruby
- William freaking Herondale ladies and gentleman
- Cassie is amazing
- THE PLOT TWISTS
- THE ANXIETY I HAVE REGARDING THESE BOOKS IS SCARING ME
- I am not prepared and really don’t know why I decided to reread these books
- This story is so beautiful I have no words
- I relate to like every single character howww????
- This book just raised the stakes, book one is amazing but not that much plot happens but this book just,,,,,,
- I love everyone
- My smol Jem and Tessa
- I’m going to cry SEND HELP
- Gideon: this guy is so precious and sweet I want to squeal like a rabbit. He’s not the typical Lightwood and I LOVE IT
- Magnus: the foreshadowing in this book for TMI is just the best. I love my sparkle king
- Henry: he’s just a little pillow that you want to hug and I just smirk at all his inventions because like they obviously eventually work and our modern characters use them which is just awesome
- Nate: my blood boils when I even think about this guy, I genuinely hate him
- Sophie: I have so much more appreciation for Sophie omg she’s just awesome
- Jessamine: I may have sympathy for her at times but mostly I just don’t get her and would like to put some sense into her
- Mortmain: he’s just pyscho and I feel sorry for the guy. My boys won’t let you even touch Tessa so GO AWAY
- Charlotte: meet she’s just your local shadowhunter feminist of the 19th century everybody!!
- Jem: my smol precious smiley baby I will protect you from all danger!!!
- Tessa: my queen is back. You ask all the questions you want, girl and thank you for sticking up for my boys. I adore Tessa
- Will: okay now I burst into tears. I cannot deal with this boy okay. I love him with my entire heart and I just,,,, he’s a dumbass most of the time but he’s funny and loves with his entire heart (plus he’s good to look at) so I’ll just leave now
I regret that I didn’t take any sort of notes because don’t ask me why but I can never remember specific plot points… it’s probably because these books mess with my brain but moving on.
I truly cannot remember Tessa’s whole backstory while reading this so I’m just waiting for my answer. I know she’s tied to the Starkweathers but that’s it. Also, that whole scene in Yorkshire and the reparations just had me dying inside for Tessa. Will’s song and ‘fork’ cracked me up. Anything he says or does gets some sort of reaction from so I mean…
The ball!! The freaking ball! Okay so Nate and Jessamine, we’re not even going to say anything. Okay, we are: I don’t understand/like/support/want it to happen.
But then just the make-out scene WAS SO WELL DONE I WANT TO CRY. That scene was perfect and these two sweeties need to not blame the drug.
Sidenote though is that Tessa is kind of a player, that was a joke btw but for real kissing one boy and then the next night another I’m dying
I just need to get the antagonists out of the way here. I hate both of them if you couldn’t tell. I mentioned in my extremely brief Clockwork Angel review that I hate torture scene and the warehouse scene at the end of the book made me anxious and gave me chills. I just wanted my boys to beat the sherbert out of Nate for laying a hand on Tessa because like I can’t even. That scene had my teeth on edge I was so freaking nervous and anxious. And Mortmain thinking he has any claim on Tessa, yeah these two suck.
I really loved the scene between Henry and Charlotte where they consolidate their feelings? I just thought it was really sweet.
And then Gideon and Sophie are just adorable and I SHIP THEM. Sophie deserves love and Gideon is just really great for her.
JEM AND TESSA. I loved how they became such great friends in this book and how Tessa had like a steady person in her love and I loved how it progressed. Their kiss was also really great. I just love how they learnt to rely on each other, their jokes with Will were the so funny ahhhh! They’re such,,, I can’t
WILL’S CURSE MAN. Firstly, how we found out about it, was really well done. I already knew what it was, but had unclear memories of the rest of its presence throughout the book. That last scene where he covers himself over Tessa so save her from the explosion and basically shreds his back, and then Jem thinking he did for him I just,,, don’t know what to do with life anymore. The scene where he finds out the cursewas fake broke my heart and then after that, it was just me screaming in a sobbing mess. Just just just just just. What are words?? Can we just not talk about this. His love for Tessa and equal love of Jem just breaks me and it broke me when he walked home with a skip in his step and told Tessa and then she tells them they’re engaged and he’s first shocked and then just wouldn’t take away his happiness. I just…… am leaving now
I LOVE HERONGRAYSTAIRS WITH MY ENTIRE BODY AND SOUL AND HEART OKAY!!!
I’m co-hosting a read-along for the series if you missed my announcement from previous posts so if you’re interested in that all click HERE for more details
HAVE YOU READ THIS BOOK? WHAT ARE YOUR FAVOURITE SCENES? DID YOU LOVE IT AS MUCH AS I DID? LET ME KNOW!