Title: Clockwork Princess
Series: The Infernal Devices book #3
Author: Cassandra Clare
Page count: 567
Date published: 19 March 2013
Genre: Young Adult historical urban fantasy
Rating: (5 out of 5 stars)
Tessa Gray should be happy – aren’t all brides happy? Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute. A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa’s heart, will do anything to save her.
I did this to myself and I knew it when I started but now I just have no words
I am in PAIN! Fml
This is without a doubt my favourite Cassandra Clare book because how does she make me FEEL THESE EMOTIONS?!?!?! I just am speechless omg. This is my new favourite series of ever and I just,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
- Did I put off finishing this book because I knew the pain was coming? Why yes I did
- I love Jem
- I love Tessa
- I LOVE Will
- I want to die okay bye
- Cassie is my queen and I will gladly let her rule over me okay
- This entire book is my perfection and I don’t even know how she comes up with this
- Okay I’m trying to give coherent thoughts so you people who haven’t read these books (which you need to if you haven’t) so stick with me
- The amount of love these characters have for one another and I for them is indescribable
- This book is beautiful and tragic and I. HAVE. NO. WORDSSSSSSS
- Mortmain: this guy is so evil but I just want to squish him under my finger. He’s so mad and I genuinely felt sorry for him but he’s the same as all Cassie’s villains: is mad at the Shadowhunters, so um you were never going to win!
- Jessamine: I have mixed feelings but let’s just say I think she was redeemed and I came to tolerate her
- Consul Wayland: this guy is literally the worst and I wanted to take him by the throat
- Gabriel: oh my gosh the sh*t Will gives him is so funny and because Will likes to tease I like you so…
- Cecily: Cecy is awesome and I love her!!
- Sophie: my dear Sophie I love you too
- Magnus: I forgot how much the sparkle king was in this book and the foreshadowing for TMI ahhh!!! I love Magnus if you didn’t know
- Gideon: he’s a lil smol boy and I love him for standing up for Charlotte and Sophie!!
- Henry: he’s such a sweet cinnamon roll and I,,,,
- Charlotte: you go my kickass feminist Shadowhunter queen
- Jem: James Carstairs is the sweetest human alive and deserves the entire freaking world and now I’ve started crying
- Tessa: this girl ceases to amaze me because she was EPIC in this book ahh
- Will: we ain’t even going to talk about William freaking Herondale because then I’ll lose it. This boy just breaks my heart and then puts it back together and I just,,,,
Where do I even start??
I’m just going to dive right into how much I hated the Consul oh my heck he was the worst. He just kept throwing insults at Charlotte and I genuinely wanted to strangle him.
The whole battle scene when Tessa was taken just got me. Half-way through I’m like OH NO DO NOT TELL ME THIS IS WHERE IT ENDS! And it does and I just went into denial. AHHH I WAS SCREAMING. I just couldn’t deal with the forthcoming pain which is why I didn’t read it for like 2 days.
I freaking love Gideon and Sophie. His proposal was so sweet and I loved it. The whole scone thing is SO FUNNY! And the fact that Gabriel follows Cecy around like a puppy was so funny. I just love the irony. I’m not a hardcore shipper but I do really like them.
Charlotte and Henry are the cutest and I loved their relationship in this book. They’re so supportive of each other and it warms my heart. Charlotte is just amazing and I applaud her courage. She should’ve punched that damn Consul in the face the minute she started getting his letters. She doesn’t deserve to be told she has no leadership skills. I will fight this guy okay!
Mortmain. Hmmm, firstly I hated that he took the yin fen. He’s the worst but I also have sympathy for him?? I think?? He really just wanted to avenge his parents. But like also he’s horrible and I hate him so we’re at a crossroads here.
*ruby bursts into tears*
What am I supposed to do with my life now?
We’ll talk about the happy moments first. The Will and Tessa reunion was perfect. Their banter and how they understand each other is amazing and I love it. I also love how the two would have done anything to protect Jem but that whole scene when Will burns his hands, I just couldn’t!
Jem is amazing everyone. He loves these two so much and I am actually trying not to cry right now. I told myself I wouldn’t while he was sick and I managed not to until after Mortmain died and then just the tears. I even kept it together during Will’s fighting scene. I’M SHAKING!! The amount of love they have is just unbearable, I can’t even deal.
Will is my baby and just the how he had to deal with everything makes me cry. And the “goodbye” scene with him and Jem had me shaking with waterfall tears. How am I supposed to get over this?? I can’t even describe my feelings. This book is perfection and destroyed me.
THE DAMN EPILOGUE. I DIDN’T SURVIVE THAT!!!!!!!
I’m co-hosting a read-along for the series if you missed my announcement from previous posts so if you’re interested in that all click HERE for more details
HAVE YOU READ THIS SERIES? HOW MUCH DO YOU LOVE IT? WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE CHARACTER? I’D LOVE TO KNOW!