*** so this post didn’t post properly from like 2 months ago so here we are – hope you enjoy the “updated” version from the original draft ***
There are still some awesome books coming out this year and I need them asap. On another note, I am not prepared for the year to end but it’s probably not a good idea to fret over that now!
- Sadie by Courtney Summers (4 September 2018): This book has been getting so much buzz lately and it’s usually not a book I’d usually read but the concept sounds really cool
- Ignite The Stars by Maura Milan (4 September 2018): Sci-fi is not usually my genre but again it sounds really cool and has been getting good reviews
- Summer Bird Blue by Akemi Dawn Bowman (11 September 2018): I have yet to read Starfish but I follow the author on Twitter and I’m super hyped to get into her book
- Wildcard by Marie Lu (18 September 2018): Oh my gosh I need this book! I devoured Warcross when I read it at the beginning of the year and ahhh so excited to read this
- Pride by Ibi Zoboi (18 September 2018): I don’t know why but this book just sounds awesome? I’m not a huge fan of Pride & Prejudice but I have a feeling I’ll love this book
- An Absolutely Remarkable Thing by Hank Green (25 September 2018): I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS BOOK YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW!! I watch Crash Course all the time and LOVE Hank, so super I’m just going to dive into it as soon as it arrives at my door!
- Dry by Neal Shusterman & Jarrod Shusterman (2 October 2018): I live in South Africa and we’ve been experiencing a drought (not as bad anymore) but nonetheless I’ve heard good things about Neal’s books so this one seems like something I could really like
- Odd One Out by Nic Stone (9 October 2018): I know hardly anything about this book just that the author is good?
- What If It’s Us by Becky Albertalli & Adam Silvera (9 October 2018): I love Becky and this book just seems like it’ll be great
- Blanca & Roja by Anna-Marie McLemore (9 October 2018): Again, I’ve heard great things about the author and the plot sounds really cool.
- A Very Large Expanse of Sea by Tahereh Mafi (16 October 2018): I AM SO HYPED FOR THIS BOOK!! I love Tahereh Mafi and I think she’s a genius and this sounds like it’ll be like Turtles All The Way Down for her, something close to her heart and I AM READY FOR IT
okay maybe not
- This Is Kind of An Epic Love Story by Kheryn Callender (30 October 2018): The title and also the fact that it has a filmmaker is what has me sold. Plus the trope of childhood friends to lovers but they’re gay yeah okay I need this book in my life.
- Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan (6 November 2018): I’ve heard nothing but amazing things about this and I’m always down for an epic fantasy
- Empress of All Seasons by Emiko Jean (6 November 2018): this book sounds amazing, I need it!
- Four Three Two One by Courtney Stevens (13 November 2018): I’ve never read anything like this before, it’s about survivors of a school bus accident and I’m intrigued.
- Five Feet Apart by Rachael Lippincott (20 November 2018): does the reason this book intrigues have anything to do with the beauty of its cover? Yes but also I think it takes place in a hospital so I hope it’s good. I also just found out it’s going to be a movie starring Cole Sprouse so of course, I have to read it, apparently coming out next year
- Queen of Air & Darkness by Cassandra Clare (3 December 2018): I AM NOT READY FOR THIS BOOK BUT I ALSO NEED IT NOW AHHH HELP ME
- Evermore by Sara Holland (31 December 2018): I read the first book and did like it so I am interested to find out what happens
Okay now I just want to read all the books because they all sound epic and just ahh the struggle is real
WHAT ARE SOME BOOKS YOU’RE EXCITED TO READ COMING OUT THIS YEAR? ARE THERE ANY ON MINE YOU’VE LOVED? WHAT’S BOOK THAT RECENTLY CAME OUT AND YOU STILL NEED TO READ? I’D LOVE TO KNOW?