Oh jeez, it’s been a hot second since my last haul. Like literally September of last year. And not only did I just get regular books throughout the months, but I was also invited to a book sale and picked out a whole ton of books for super cheap. So um, this haul is going to be freakishly long and consist of a LOT of books…
Go grab some popcorn because we’re going to be here a while folks.
- The Darkest Legacy by Alexandra Bracken: I shame myself for still not having read this book yet and it came out like 6 months ago. But thanks to Pan MacMillan for sending a copy my way, I plan on getting to this very soon
hides in the corner
- The Trouble Series book 2, 3 & 4 by Rachel Morgan: She kindly sent the rest of the books of in the series my way. If ya didn’t know, this is a super cute NA contemporary series set in South Africa that are super easy to fly through. Click here for her website to order some of her books!
- Tradition by Brendan Kiely: I actually have no idea what this book is about anymore, I think it’s a thriller set in at a private school (??) which I’m trash for so… A big thanks to Penguin Random House SA for sending a copy my way.
- The Wizards of Once 1 & 2 by Cressida Cowell: I’ve been working with Bargain Books and they sent these to me (so big thanks to them). I know little about these but there are pictures and its middle grade, so one of these days I’m just going to take a weekend and binge them.
- Are We All Lemmings and Snowflakes? by Holly Bourne: I’ve heard great things about Holly Bourne and I think it’s about mental illness and going to camp which sounds like a book I’ll enjoy so I’m intrigued to see if I like it. Thanks to Penguin for sending a copy my way!
- Windfall by Jennifer E. Smith: I won this book in a giveaway hosted by my friend Amy. All I really know is that it’s about winning the lottery and the aftermath of having lots of money?? Which sounds cool.
- An Illustrated History of Notable Shadowhunters & Demizons of Downworld by Cassandra Clare and illustrated by Cassandra Jean: I went to the bookstore one day, saw this and bought it. Need I say more than that it has beautiful artwork that I want to drool over all day?
- Girls of Paper & Fire by Natasha Ngan: This book was the Topping The TBR January book of the month. It’s an Asian inspired fantasy and… I don’t know what to say. I was a bit underwhelmed by this book, I still liked it and definitely recommend, but it wasn’t really my thing. But a big thanks to Jonathan Ball Publishers for sending it my way!
- Elevation 1, 2 and 3 by Helen Brain: These were sent to me by NB Publishers and it’s about a post-apocalyptic Cape Town which sounds awesome. I really love reading books set in South Africa and I’ve heard these are just really fun and cool. I received the third book’s manuscript which was also so freaking awesome
- The Dark Between Stars by Atticus Poetry: This was my first book into the poetry universe and I must say I really enjoyed myself. Bargain Books also sent this to me, so a big thanks to them. I tabbed a couple of lovely verses… it was a fun time.
- A Thousand Perfect Notes by C.G. Drews: I finally read this and Pan MacMillan kindly sent me a finished copy of this gorgeous book for a photo I just did on my Instagram. I did an author interview with Cait, so click here if you want to check that out!
- The Trials of Morrigan Crow ~ Nevermoor by Jessica Townsend: Pan Mac sent me a finished copy of this book to dive into and I’m super excited to read this magical middle-grade adventure!
- The Calling of Morrigan Crow ~ Wundersmith by Jessica Townsend: Pan MacMillan also kindly sent me an ARC and then a finished copy of this book, so now I really have no excuse to keep putting them off.
- Saga Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan & illustrated by Fiona Staples: I want to get into graphic novels this year and this is one of the most popular so I caved and bought it… hoping I love it.
- Paper Girls Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan: I also bought this one because it sounds like Stranger Things, need I give more of an explanation??
- The Oscar Wilde Collection ~ A Collection of His Greatest Work: I need to read The Picture of Dorian Gray for school this year and the book store didn’t have it so I just bought this, it was actually quite cheap, plus it’s pretty.
- The Price Guide to the Occult by Leslye Walton: Pan MacMillan kindly sent a copy of this book my way and it’s really pretty. I don’t know much except that it’s witchy.
- Wildcard by Marie Lu: THESE BOOKS ARE SO EPIC I LOVE THEM! Penguin sent me a copy of the last book in the duology and I devoured it. It was also our book club pick for December. Had such a great time reading it. Click here for my review.
- The Kingdom by Jess Rothenberg: I literally didn’t know this book existed, but it was pitched at this Pan MacMillan Key Highlights Presentation I went to and it has a fantasy theme park with robots and I NEED TO READ IT. It comes out in May, and I got an ARC which I’m literally planning to read it very soon, that’s how excited I am
you’d understand bc i am the worst at reading books on time. I want to read more sci-fi and I’m hoping that this book will be awesome.
- Archenemies by Marissa Meyer: Pan Mac sent me this epic book and I loved it. They’re like my sugar daddy tbh. It was amazing, I loved the second book even more than the first. Superheroes are just so freaking cool, I even did a whole review with some of my fave superhero movies recommendations, so click here for that.
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak: I was in the bookstore one day and just had a giant urge to buy this. So now I have a really pretty paperback and I’m excited to read it and hopefully love it.
- What If It’s Us by Becky Albertalli & Adam Silvera: I did a collab with Bargain Books and they sent this book my way. I did a whole review post and rom-com recommendations so click here for that.
- Six of Crows Collector’s edition by Leigh Bardugo: Um I was not expecting this but the amazing people from Pan Mac surprised me with this stunning book and I AM A DEAD HUMAN. A million thanks to them for being amazing!!
- Queen of Air & Darkness by Cassandra Clare: I preordered this book and ordered a Magic & Mischief that contained the Waterstones edition of this book and they’re both stunning. I adore this book, as I do all of Cassie’s books. I did a whole review if you want to check that out click here!
- King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo: I requested this book from Pan MacMillan and they kindly sent me the paperback because they’re the best. And then at the presentation, there weren’t many copies but I managed to snag one of US hardbacks and it’s beautiful. You can just tell that they’re the best and spoil me rotten.
W A R E H O U S E B O O K S A L E
Back in December, I was invited to this massive warehouse pre-sale hosted by Bargain Books and its literal heaven. Click here for their website and also my IGTV videos because I explain it a lot more, I even did a tour/compiliation thingy that shows the sheer size of the warehouse. The next sale is on the 21st of March and I cannot be more excited. There are like two entire warehouses full of books for super cheap prices, it’s the best. But here are the books I grabbed:
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
- The Bear and The Nightingale by Katherine Arden
- And I Darken By Kiersten White
- Now I Rise by Kiersten White
- Radio Silence by Alice Oseman
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- The Famous Five: Five Go Adventuring Again by Enid Blyton
- The City of Brass by S. A. Chakraborty
- Vicious by V. E. Schwab
- An Ember In The Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
- A Torch Against The Night by Sabba Tahir
- A Million Junes by Emily Henry
- Spellbook of The Lost and Found by Moira-Fowley Doyle
HAVE YOU READ ANY OF THESE BOOKS? WHAT IS A BOOK YOU RECENTLY GOT THAT YOU’RE EXCITED ABOUT? I’D LOVE TO KNOW!