2017 flew by and now it’s 2018 and I have goals. I just wanted to chat about all the things I want to accomplish this year and just general things we talk about at the beginning of the year.
- I briefly discussed my reading goals in my End Of The Year Post there’s still more I want to talk about. I set my Goodreads goal to 30 books which mean I have to read at least 3 books a month, which is totally manageable, and that means I could read more if I have a lot of time, so that’s the first goal
- I also just want to read more in general, because I take WAY too long to get through books. I don’t want books to sit on my shelf, unread, for like 3 months, so that’s going to change
- I want to try and read more classics that I know I’ll enjoy
- My all time favourite genres are urban fantasy and contemporary, so I want to try to get into some good high fantasy
- There are so many anwesome blogs and bookstagram accounts and I want to comment more, so I can make more friends
SHADOWHUNTER CHRONICLES READALONG
One of my favourite booktubers is doing a Shadowhunter Chronicles Readalong and I think I’m going to join. Here’s a video with more info
Anyway, it sounds super fun and I’ve been wanting to reread TMI and TID for a while. I’ll probably skip out on TDA just because I’ve read them a bit more recently.
NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS BOOK TAG
1. An author you’d like to read that you’ve never read before
Taherah Mafi, Alexandra Bracken, Marissa Meyer and so many more.
2. A book you’d like to read
3. A classic you’d like to read
Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain, Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen, Little Women by Louisa May Alcott, The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien
4. A book you’d like to re-read
The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
5. A book you’ve had for ages and want to read
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
6. A big book you’d like to read
Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien and A Song of Ice & Fire by George R. R. Martin
7. An author you’ve previously read and want to read more of
8. A book you got for Christmas and would like to read
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
9. A series you want to read from start to finish
The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
10. A series you want to finish that you’ve already started
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
11. Do you set reading goals? If so, how many books do you want to read in 2017?
30 books and hopefully more
12. Any other reading goals?
Already said above
Since it’s a new year, I wanted a new theme, so I found a good one and I hope you all like it. I also want to start changing up my posts a little, and I have started (did you notice?), but my post names have a changed a little and I’ve started using more graphics, so yeah I hope you like.
I think this year is going to be a good one. I plan to be more organised in my day-to-day life and use my planner more. There will probably be even more reviews for you guys and overall I’m excited. I hope you’re as excited about your year as I am. What are your goals for this year? I’d love to know