I just had to make another list because THERE ARE SO MANY AWESOME NEW releases omg! Eeekk I’m pumped
Here is my previous post:
BOOKS I’M EXCITED FOR IN 2018
So I really liked how Ioana @ Dragon Waffles formatted her post so if you haven’t checked out her blog yet, YOU TOTALLY SHOULD!!
GRAPHIC NOVELS & SHORT STORIES
- The Prince & The Dressmaker by Jen Wang (13 February 2018): This sounds super adorable and I have yet to read an actual graphic novel
- Ghosts From The Shadow Market by Cassandra Clare (April 2018 – 2019): OMG I DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT THIS FOR A LONG TIME AND THEN I SEE THE STORIES THAT’LL BE IN IT AND I’M ALREADY HYPED. You can bet that I’ll probably get all of the stories as they come out but here’s what they’ll be about:
– Anna Lightwood’s first romance
– Matthew Fairchild’s great sin
– Tessa Gray plunged into a world war
– Valentine Morgernstern buys a soul
– Jace Wayland’s soul finds safe harbour
OMG THESE ARE GOING TO BE SO GOOD!!!
- Tyler Johnson Was Here by Jay Coles (20 March 2018): This book is going to be great and so important omg
- The Looking Glass by Janet McNally (14 August 2018): I literally just actually looked at this book today and it HAS A BALLET SCHOOL and is CONTEMPORARY! What else could I need?!
- Save The Date by Morgan Matson (5 June 2018): I’ve only read one of her books and I wasn’t expecting it so didn’t enjoy it that much but this book is set at a wedding which sounds great
- Nice Try, Jane Sinner by Lianne Oelke (9 January 2018): I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR THIS BOOK AND I KNOW IT’S OUT SO I SHOULD BUY IT!!!
- Amelia Westlake by Erin Gough (2 April 2018): A book set in an all girls school AND it’s got LGBT rep?! I’m down
- Love, Hate & Other Filters by Samira Ahmed (16 January 2018): The fact that it has a filmmaker in it already has me sold
- Wacross Book #2 by Marie Lu (2018): There is no name or release date yet but I AM SO PUMPED!!
- A Thousand Perfect Notes by C. G. Drews (4 June 2018): Omg Cait @ Paper Fury has a book coming out that is obviously going to 1) hilarious and 2) amazing plus it’s about a pianist (i can relate to that because I can actually play this instrument) and THIS IS GOING TO BE AMAZING!! Ahh and I might be getting an ARC and I’m so excitedddd!
- The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert (30 January 2018): A book about fairytale creatures coming to life seems awesome
- The Cruel Prince by Holly Black (2 January 2018): The review for this book OMG?! Also I’m excited for the faeries okay
- Children Of Blood And Bone by Tomi Adeyemi (6 March 2018): So the fact that this is already picked up for a movie tells me that I should read it
LITTLE MERMAID RETELLINGS*
- The Surface Breaks by Loise O’Neill (3 May 2018): A gorgeous cover and a Little Mermaid retelling?! I was instantly sold. If ya’ll didn’t know, The Little Mermaid is my fave disney movie and there aren’t enough retellings so I’m hyped!!!
- To Kill A Kingdom by Alexandra Christo (6 March 2017): As soon as I heard about this book, I immediately knew that it was a retelling and that I would have to read it
*yes I added this section late just becasue I love the Little Mermaid and couldn’t not add these to my list
- The Cheerleaders by Kara Thomas (31 July 2018): The only thing I know is that I’m excited for Kara Thomas’s books and it’s a muder mystery
- Truly Devious by Maureen Johnson (16 January 2018): A book about a girl who goes to a very prestigious school and solving a cold case? Umm yes please!
- The Astonishing Color Of After by Emily X. R. Pan (20 March 2018): So I have a newfound love for magical realism and this book seems like it’ll shatter my heart but I’m excited? Don’t ask why okay… I’m just a soulless human-being
- The Muse Of Nightmares by Laini Taylor (2018): So Strange The Dreamer has AMAZING reviews and I know basically nothing about it yet I’m PUMPED for this book
- Aru Shah And The End Of Time by Roshani Chokshi (27 March 2018): Mythology, an author who’s writing style sounds fabulous and published by a Rick Riordan imprint! I’m down. Plus this cover is GORGEOUS!
- City Of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab (28 August 2018): I AM SO EXCITED TO GET INTO THIS AUTHOR THIS YEAR! This cover is really scary though (for a middle grade). Anywho, I’m PUMPED
WHICH OF THESE BOOKS ARE
ON YOUR LIST? LET ME KNOW HOW
EXCITED YOU ARE IN THE COMMENTS!