***IF YOU HAVE NOT READ BOOK ONE,
PLEASE GO AWAY BECAUSE SPOILERS***
Title: Crooked Kingdom
Series: Six Of Crows Book #2
Author: Leigh Bardugo
Page count: 536
Date published: 27 September 2016
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy
Rating: (5 out of 5 stars)
Kaz Brekker and his crew have just pulled off the most daring heist imaginable.
But instead of divvying up a fat reward, they’re fighting for their lives.
Double-crossed and badly weakened, they’re low on resources, allies and hope.
While a war rages on the city’s streets, the team’s fragile loyalties are stretched to breaking point. Kaz and his crew will have to make sure they’re on the winning side… no matter what the cost.
[Disclaimer: this review will basically me fangirling, screaming and gushing about this book – you have been warned]
AHHH I LOVE THIS DUOLOGY SO FREAKING MUCH OKAY! The characters are literally much children and I love them dearly
(and maybe too *very* passionately) This book is literally genius OMG! How can one person come up with all of this?! Leigh is an evil mastermind… Also let’s take a moment to appreciate the diversity that’s in this book but it isn’t ‘advertised’ as one!!
let’s just get into the juicy parts…
- Nina is my spirit animal okay! Like I want to eat all the food and she’s kickass and literally the best friend we all need. Yet she’s strong and caring and gahhh she’s such an awesome YA female character.
- Matthias is just like a teddy bear I want to hug and the character development O.M.GGGGGGG!!! He grew so much and I’m just a proud mother
- Wylan makes me smile so much! He is THE MOST ADORABLE person and I loved how he just became part of the group. He’s always there for his friends and he’s honestly the sweetest
- Honestly Kuwei annoyed me sometimes. Like are you helpless?
- Do I even talk about Van Eck! (he’s literally evil in a bady way)
- I also kinda sympathize with Pekka Rollins… like a teeny tiny bit
- Jesper IS AWESOME! He’s so funny and the comic relief is the best. Jesper caring so much for his father is honestly so good to see.
- Inej is badass and I love her so much. She’s grown so much throughout the story and I look up to her and I honestly love her so much, okay?!
- KAZ IS MY BABY AND I WILL PROTECT HIM WITH MY LIFE AND I ADORE HIM SO MUCH. He’s my favourite tbh. He’s a complex demon with a soft heart and I just can’t
LIKE YOU NEED TO LEAVE NOW IF YOU HAVEN’T READ THIS YET. AND IF YOU HAVEN”T WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIFE?
So I may have accidentally spoiled myself for a major plot twist bc I was confused and checked the wiki page and I’m sorry
The stakes in this book were so high because they literally had to save the world!! I felt that after Inej was rescued that the action was not as tension-y compared the entirety of book one, if that makes sense. I stopped reading for like 2 days (school) and was lost and kind of fell back into the slump again so that might have added to that, where with book one I flew through it. BUT THIS BOOK WAS SO GOOD OMG AND I HAVE SOME OF MY FAVOURITE MOMENTS! Honestly Kaz is a pure genius and his brain shocks me, like how can you know all of this and yet be seventeen years old??!!
NINA AND MATTHIAS WERE SO CUTE! Matthias just always Nina and so many feeelllllsssss. The adorableness levels!!!! Then he died
(which I spoiled myself for) had me so sad. But is was written in the best way. They were just beautiful. Nina struggling with her addiction was heartbreaking. I want to cry now.
The adorable levels of Jesper and Wylan were so high though too. Wylan’s blushes gave me life. And the mistaken kiss omg!! So funny yet I felt to so bad. Jesper caring for Wylan was so sweet!! Ahh they’re so cute and great and I can’t*
*how many time will I say that??
There were so many scenes in this book that had me on the edge of my seat because of Inej omg! The almost torture scene! The tightrope! And on the roof of the church or whatever it was! I actually didn’t know where she was… But ahhh my fingernails are now nubs from chewing so hard (
not actually though you don’t have to worry). I also cannot take Kaz and Inej because I SHIP THEM SO HARD and they literally will kill me with the feels. I cannot handle. Kaz cares so much and ahhhhh!! They’re the best. His took his gloves of for her. And those last chapters with them WERE SO GOOD!!!! And when Kaz helped with the bandages and they basically admitted their feelings for each other. I literally just can’t
I am deceased and I just cannot with this book. It was so good and I loved it. The characters will forever be my babies and I love it so much
WOULD YOU LIKE TO SCREAM WITH ME?
HOW DID YOU LIKE THIS BOOK? DID YOU THINK IT WAS EPIC TOO? LET ME KNOW!