Series: Renegades book #1
Author: Marissa Meyer
Page count: 592
Date published: 7 November 2017
Genre: Young Adult sci-fi & fantasy
Rating: (4 out of 5 stars)
The Renegades are a syndicate of prodigies–humans with extraordinary abilities–who emerged from the ruins of a crumbled society and established peace and order where chaos reigned. As champions of justice, they remain a symbol of hope and courage to everyone…except the villains they once overthrew. Nova has a reason to hate the Renegades, and she is on a mission for vengeance. As she gets closer to her target, she meets Adrian, a Renegade boy who believes in justice–and in Nova. But Nova’s allegiance is to a villain who has the power to end them both.
I AM SHOOK!!
I had the BEST time reading this book aah I loved it and need the next book!
- The superpowers are so COOL
- THE GAY SUPERHERO DADS!!
- The diversity is really awesome
- This book brought my love anti-villains to the next level
- I was so nervous EVERY PAGE as to what would happen
- The smol romance that is almost non-existent but I ship so hard
- Marissa Meyer is the best and now I need to read her other books
- Ingrid: tbh she seriously irritated me.
- Leroy: I loved him. He was such a good “father figure” to Nova and like his power is so weird but also awesome?
- Honey: she was a queen and I loved Honey!! The outfits!!!
- Max: I need more of this precious kid and I just want to give him a hug
- Simon: his power is basic but I wish I had invisibility and he’s also just really nice
- Hugh: I still don’t entirely understand him and I haven’t made up my mind if I completely trust him
- Adrian: this smol boy!! I ADORE HIM!! He also just needs a hug and for someone to tell him he’s appreciated and perfect the way he is
- Nova: how awesome is she?!?! First of all, her power is genius and I LOVE IT. And also I just think she’s so kickass.
The prologue of this book left me speechless and sent chills. And then the opening scene of was just WOAH I LOVE THIS BOOK ALREADY. I never knew I needed X-men but in book form and I’m LIVING.
First off, the politics of this world are so interesting. It’s so intricate and I still have no idea how corrupt it is and may become. But Marissa Meyer has weaved it so nicely and I’m really excited to learn more about it.
I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again: it’s SO SLOW. Now, I’m writing exams so it’s kind of great because it meant I could pick it up whenever which worked well. But it’s a BIG book and it only happens in the span of a few days.
The library scene was just a whirlwind of action and stuff happening and I couldn’t keep up. Everything was happening so fast and I was like out of breath by the end.
I was SO CURIOUS as to what Max’s power was the entire book so I was so scared during the chapter when he was bleeding. I WAS FREAKING OUT AND SCARED OUT OF MY MIND.
Nova and Adrian are going to destroy me. Nothing really romantic happened between them but I ship so hard already. Adrian is just a sweetheart and I loved him. I also think Phobia killed his mum but that’s too obvious? I NEED TO KNOW!!! Anyways, I love him. And I love Nova.
THOSE LAST 30 PAGES OMGGGG!!! What just happened?? Has Nova known throughout the entire book? I’m so confused, I need to KNOWWWW!!! Can I please have the second book. I’M SHOOK!!!
HAVE YOU READ THIS BOOK? OR ANYTHING FROM MARISSA MEYER? WHAT DID YOU THINK? WHO ARE SOME OF YOUR FAVOURITE SUPERHEROES? LET ME KNOW!