Title: A Gathering of Shadows
Series: Shades of Magic book #2
Author: V.E. Schwab
Page count: 508
Date published: 23 February 2016
Genre: Young Adult fantasy
Rating: (4.5 out of 5 stars)
It has been four months since a mysterious obsidian stone fell into Kell’s possession. Four months since his path crossed with Delilah Bard. Four months since Prince Rhy was wounded, and since the nefarious Dane twins of White London fell, and four months since the stone was cast with Holland’s dying body through the rift–back into Black London. Now, restless after having given up his smuggling habit, Kell is visited by dreams of ominous magical events, waking only to think of Lila, who disappeared from the docks as she always meant to do. As Red London finalizes preparations for the Element Games–an extravagant international competition of magic meant to entertain and keep healthy the ties between neighbouring countries–a certain pirate ship draws closer, carrying old friends back into port. And while Red London is caught up in the pageantry and thrills of the Games, another London is coming back to life. After all, a shadow that was gone in the night will reappear in the morning. But the balance of magic is ever perilous, and for one city to flourish, another London must fall.
OH MY GOD WOW THAT WAS AMAZING!!!
Have no words??
This book man. SO DAMN GOOD!!!
- THE RHY KELL BANTER
- The LILA ALUCARD BANTER
- I love them
- I just,,,
- Lila is a freaking kween and my favourite and I. LOVE. HER!!!
- I now officially love Rhy. I liked him in ADSOM but now I ADORE THIS SMOL BOY
- The games were so freaking cool? But also went way too fast.
- ALUCARD. IS. AWESOME.
- I NEED TO READ BOOK 3!!
- The plot twist
- AHH I’M SCARED
- SO GOOD I CAN’T EVEN!!!!!!!!
- Ojka: Ummm?? I’m scared. That ending and whatever the frick is going on is FREAKING SCARY. This girl is weirdddd
- Holland: OH MY!! WHAT?? I don’t even know what to say? I’m SCAREDDDDDD
- Alucard: I adored him. I am OBSESSED with Rhy and Alucard. I shipped them before they even “met” on page. LIKE AHHH!!!
- Rhy: This boy!! I LOVE HIM!!! My baby needs a hug and for someone to tell him that he’s doing great. And maybe to party less. I loved his character development in this book. And his freaking conflicted feelings. Can I hug him?
- Kell: He’s frowning at me as I write this but I loved Kell. Especially his love for Rhy. I love their brotherly banter and how they protect each other.
- Lila: I love this girl. But also, maybe you should think this through, Lila. But she’s a queen and I love her anyway. I love that she has powers and even though it was stupid, that she made it through most of the Games. AND I SHIP KELL AND LILA TOO BTW
V.E. Schwab did that on purpose when she made me wait for an entire book for Lila and Kell to finally reunite and I’m MAD.
She also made me ship Rhy and Alucard and we got all of like 2 romantic moments??WHY!!! My heart cannot.
The magic system IN THIS BOOK. IS SO WELL DONE I CAN’T EVEN WRAP MY HEAD AROUND IT. Victoria Schwab is a genius.
Also, I took a couple ADSOM inspired photos if you want to check them out 🙂
I feel like we didn’t see enough of the Essen Tasch. It only lasted like 150 pages?? Can I have more, please?? It was still kickass and I LOVED THE SCENES. But the majority of the book was talking about the games and then they didn’t last long.
RHY AND ALUCARD. I can’t get over them. My children. I need more. But I also don’t want to finish the series because then it’s OVERRR and I’m NOT READY!!!
BUT ALSO THE PLOT TWIST. THE ENDING. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS. AHH, what am I supposed to do??
Give me a week and then I won’t be able to resist.
I HAVE NO WORDS!!!!!
HAVE YOU READ ADSOM YET? DID YOU LIKE IT? WHO’S YOUR FAVOURITE CHARACTER? I’D LOVE TO KNOW!