Title: To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before
Series: To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before book #1
Author: Jenny Han
Page count: 355
Date published: 15 April 2014
Genre: Young Adult contemporary
Rating: (5 out of 5 stars)
What if all the crushes you ever had found out how you felt about them… all at once?
Sixteen-year-old Lara Jean Song keeps her love letters in a hatbox her mother gave her. They aren’t love letters that anyone else wrote for her; these are ones she’s written. One for every boy she’s ever loved—five in all. When she writes, she pours out her heart and soul and says all the things she would never say in real life, because her letters are for her eyes only. Until the day her secret letters are mailed, and suddenly, Lara Jean’s love life goes from imaginary to out of control.
I love these books (even though I picked up on a few things but I’ll talk about that later) like SO MUCH. And oh boy oh boy am I excited for the movie you have no idea!!
SO since the movie is coming out and I was really in the mood for this one, I decided to reread it on audiobook and I just forgot how much I love the characters and I just,, ahhh!!! I had a few issues that I didn’t pick up on last time just because my reading tastes differ from like a year ago but still LOVED it I mean obviously
- Lara Jean is just a queen
- She’s literally me with a better wardrobe
- SO MUCH LOVE FOR KITTY!!
- I love the romance (obviously)
- The food appreciation is real y’all
- I crave baked goods tbh
- The teen angst made me laugh so much
- I didn’t LOVE the audiobook because the narrator got on my nerves and some of the dialogue was weird
- I also didn’t love the writing style as much
- I NEED THE MOVIE NOW AND I WILL WATCH IT 64737483646 TIMES WHEN IT COMES OUT
- Genevieve: I actually really disliked her. She’s annoying and actually a b*%^h. I truly don’t know how Peter didn’t see that.
- Chris: I actually really loved her and she’s a good friend to Lara Jean
- Josh: he’s sweet but again just annoyed. Like all of a sudden, you acting like you’re in love with LJ, dude CHILL??
- Margot: I wanted to squish her like an ant. This girl is so full of it and I wanted to scream at the end of the book
- Daniel (Daddy): Their dad is awesome!!
- Kitty: Ahhh I really loved Kitty. She’s so feisty and adorable (she’d probably not like this word but…)
- Peter: Peter is just. Peter. You can’t help but love him even though he’s actually super moody he’s still the cutest.
- Lara Jean: I loved LJ before but now I just,, relate SO MUCH MORE. I love her clothes and the baking and just her personality. Eeek!!
As I said I did find issues. The writing seemed a little choppy to me and it also felt a little bit like the dialogue in a Disney movie? You know, really cheesy. Not all the time but I just picked it up a bit.
The audiobook narrator isn’t amazing. She got a bit annoying and not all the voices were right. She did Peter’s really deep and Kitty’s very high-pitched which I didn’t like. And it also sounded very fake. You’ll understand if you listen to it yourself.
But apart from my dislikes I obviously still love the story.
Man, I truly hated Margot and Genevieve!! Margot was so out of line at the end. She thought she was boss and then threw a tantrum when people actually survived without her. Genevieve is just plain RUDE. Just acts as if she rules the world and I just really wanted to put her back in place.
Chris is great. I loved how one time she was just asleep in LJ’s room and it was totally normal. She was a good and supportive friend and I really liked her.
Lara Jean is awesome. She’s realistic and relatable. I loved how her relationship with Kitty grew. Kitty is also just adorable. I love how she and Peter are also great friends. Anyways, Lara Jean is kinda awkward and introverted and I really loved how she ventured out and hung out with Peter’s friends. I also thought it was great how they all loved her (clearly a sign against Genevieve).
Peter and Lara Jean actually just make me laugh. They’re so oblivious to their own feelings and it’s hilarious. The car rides are great. I love how Peter is moody af. He gets so easily upset and it brightens my day. His pouty face!! Its just adorable I can’t even. The ski trip kiss was so good. And when he kissed her from his car when Josh was watching… CLASSIC. I love when LJ jumps at him in the beginning. The contract omg. And the notes are so sweet. I love when they go up to buy those chairs and I truly wanted to have those doughnuts. THE TWO OF THEM ARE JUST SO FREAKING GOOD!!
If you haven’t seen it yet, here’s the trailer because I’m such a help!
HAVE YOU READ THIS BOOK? WHAT DID YOU THINK? WHO ARE YOUR FAVOURITE CHARACTERS? ARE YOU EXCITED FOR THE MOVIE? I’D LOVE TO KNOW!