Yeah so I decided this split this ridiculously long book haul into two parts because it was turning out to be a total disaster.
If you missed part one you can click RIGHT HERE to read that first. That one was all about the books I received from publishers.
In previous hauls, the books were just all over the place but this time I’ve divided this into sections to make it a bit easier a) for me to put together and b) so it’s not a hot mess ha. I’m trying people.
Anyways, without further ado, let us just get into the books!
If you have never heard of this and are new to my blog, then let me explain. I live in South Africa and Bargain Books (a local book store) hosts this massive sale in Cape Town and it’s like the best. I get invited to the early access sale every once and a while to take a peek at what’s available. And since February there have been three that I’ve been to. Head over to my Instagram for all the photos because there are a lot!
- Movie Geek: A Geek’s Guide to the Movieverse by Simon Brew
- Tash Hearts Tolstoy by Kathryn Ormsbee
- These Rebel Waves by Sara Raasch
- Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody
- Pride by Ibi Zoboi
- Dear Martin by Nic Stone
- An Absolutely Remarkable Thing by Hank Green
- Crimes of Grindewald: The Screenplay by J.K. Rowling
- Radio Silence by Alice Oseman
- Lifelik3 by Jay Kristoff
- Far From The Tree by Robin Benway
- Tales of Beedle The Bard by J.K. Rowling & Illustrated by Chris Riddel
- Mirage by Somiya Daud
- Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie & Illustrated by Emmeline Pidgen (Egmont edition)
- Circe by Madeline Miller
- Stalking Jack The Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
- Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas
- Anne Frank’s Diary: The Graphic Adaptation by Ari Folman & Illustrated by David Polonsky
- Matilda by Roald Dahl: 30th-anniversary edition
- Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi
- Made You Up by Francesca Zappia
- The Love That Split The World by Emily Henry
- Darius The Great Is Not Okay by Adib Khorram
- The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein by Kiersten White
- Next Year In Havana by Chanel Cleeton
- Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
- English For Everyone: Grammar Guide by DK Publishing
- The Travelling Cat Chronicles by Hiro Arikawa
- Sleeping Giants by Sylvian Neuval
- Aristotle & Dante Discover The Secrets of The Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz
- Hunting Prince Dracula & Escaping From Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco
- Whichwood by Tahereh Mafi
- The Girl Who Drank The Moon by Kelly Barnhill
- The Train To Impossible Places by P.G. Bell
- The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken (movie tie-in edition)
- Salt To The Sea by Ruta Sepetys
- Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik
- Call Me By Your Name by André Aciman
- Windwitch by Susan Dennard
I’m going to link a blog post I did about the sale if you’d like to check it out. And just reiterate that if you are in the area it is SO worth coming. I mean LOOK at all these great books that I managed to find *insert heart eyes*
Obsidio by Jay Kristoff & Amie Kaufman: these flipping books OMG!! This book DESTROYED ME!!! It was just so fantastic!! I have whole reviews dedicated to each book in the series so click here to hear more of my thoughts.
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell (signed edition): this book is one of my most prized possesions AHHH!!! I actually can’t believe I found this. If you didn’t know I’m OBSESSED with Carry On and as soon as I saw Readers Warehouse had signed copies I just HAD to buy it!!! Like obviously. I basically had no other choice honestly.
Truthwitch by Susan Dennard: I bought this second-hand and I’ve just heard so many great things about the series. I can’t wait to give it a go, I think it’s about elemental magic? Also, the author is just really cool.
City of Ashes, City of Glass & City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare: I also bought these second-hand, just to add to my collection. Do I need to say any more?? It’s Cassandra Clare and I’m trash.
A Torch Against The Night & A Reaper At The Gates by Sabaa Tahir: the UK paperbacks are superior as they’re the only editions that actually ALL match so I finally caved and bought them all. THEY JUST LOOK SO PRETTY!! And I’m not ready to read them. My emotions will be WRECKED!!
Talking As Fast As I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls (And Everything In Between) by Lauren Graham: I recently bought these on vacation, I saw it super cheap and thought it’d be fun to buy as a memento for the trip. I LOVE Gilmore Girls and I think Lauren Graham is such an interesting person, and I can’t wait to read more about her.
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell (US paperback edition): I received this in one of the SA Book Swaps (which is SO cool btw, go look it up on Instagram). I just NEEDED to have this pretty cover so it could match the book two art. So Zahaan was the best and got it for me.
Daughter of The Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller: my wonderful friend Amy no longer wanted this one so gave it to me THANK YOU!! You already know you rock. I’ve been interested in reading it for a while, it seems like such a fun pirate story. Here’s to hoping I’ll like it!
Two Can Keep A Secret by Karen M. McManus: another of my friends Meredith had a spare copy of this book so gifted one of them to me because she’s just that great. I’ve actually already read this one, didn’t love it, unfortunately. But I’m also not the biggest thriller fan so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
Stolen Song by Samantha Armstrong: another gift from Meredith, I don’t know anything really nor have I heard of it BUT I’m intrigued to give it a go.
Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley: Meredith literally spoiled me when I went to visit because she also gave this one to me, which I have heard of. I think it’s about like magical mysterious islands?? I’m so INTRIGUED!!
Cinder by Marissa Meyer: also got this one in a Book Swap. I haven’t read The Lunar Chronicles yet, I know, I’m terrible. But I’ve really been enjoying the Renegades trilogy and I think I’ll love her other series EVEN more. I also love that the edition I got is FLOPPY!! Thanks, Anke!
Wilder Girls by Rory Power: this book has literally been EVERYWHERE. I randomly won it in a giveaway. This one isn’t really my thing BUT I am interested to see what the fuss is all about. Hope I like it.
And there you have it.
I AM FINALLY DONE WITH THESE POSTS.
I don’t even know if anybody’s read them but IT’S FINE.
WHAT BOOKS HAVE YOU BOUGHT RECENTLY? ARE YOU EXCITED TO READ IT? HAVE YOU BEEN GIFTED ANY FROM FRIENDS? LET ME KNOW!